Friday, March 16, 2018

A look through a fellow thespian eye

For the past week I have been at a thespian theatre festival filmed with people who performed at a local district competition. Being surrounded by people who share a similar interest with me has been an interesting experience due to the fact that everyone has their own story. People around have two eyes, one nose, one mouth, and two ears yet everyone is so different. A lot of people have their own sense of style and with discovering the differences in people I have been noticing style. No one is the same as the person next to them and everyone has their own sense of their fashion. Seeing girls walk around in what some may see as guy clothes and seeing guys walk around in heels higher than I can wear. Black clothes signify “dark” mood to some while some it is their first preference. I have been thinking about possible costume designs that may work well within my film! I want to create a film that has a story line over more than just one day which will cause for more than one outfit.

 The story would take place in modern times so the outfits would not have to be backdated to an earlier time period. I am thinking about possibly doing a casual scene which would probably call for a pair of leggings or maybe even some sweatpants and a casual lounging shirt. The outfit could portray many different things and one thing it would create would be the emotional connection within the film. As I have noticed this week especially, the way people dress is a way that people express themselves and different personalities. The film I am creating is not really a happy attitude film and so bright colored clothing would not tie the story together correctly. Although one direction I am thinking about going down is to create a “fake” life story and show that life may see, great on the outside but not be so good on the inside and behind closed doors. For a scene where things may seem right, the main character could be dressed in clothes that signify not a negative feel. I really have no clue how to portray these emotions I NEED RESEARCH!!!

 Clearly, as you can see, I am still unsure about all of the details and I need to figure it out! I have another long day of competition tomorrow so I will be back with more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last but not least...

MY CCR!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L66hjrpNAsI A special thanks to my actor and actress: Robert Goldstein and Emily Ince Than...